A new video series to encourage people living with dementia to participate in meaningful activities

Participating in meaningful activities is important for individuals of all ages. For a person living with dementia, continuing to engage in activities that...
January 25, 2024

Haley Abugov: Providing nursing services to the Quebec population 

Part of our series: FMHS community members from away – The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS) is made up of diverse communities, including people...
January 25, 2024

Gustavo Turecki: In pursuit of innovative mental-health treatment 

Part of our series: FMHS community members from away – The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS) is made up of diverse communities, including people...
January 25, 2024

Hope for patients with debilitating tremor

Minimally invasive treatment is helping people with uncontrollable shaking caused by neurological disease For people with uncontrollable tremor, the simple act of drinking...
January 24, 2024

LOVE is all you need 

A century ago, it was conventional wisdom for children to be “seen and not heard”. Most modern parents cringe at that philosophy, yet...
January 11, 2024

Safiya Simon: Déja vu all over again 

January 11, 2024

Catching up with Occupational Therapy alumna, Mary Lattas

An Occupational Therapist’s journey to becoming a leader in health care management and education Mary Lattas, erg., OT, MSc, proud McGill alumnae from...
January 11, 2024

Whole Person Care conference explored teaching empathy and healing alongside fixing and curing 

There’s an elephant stomping around in the room and its name is Death, medical practitioners attending McGill’s fifth World Congress on Whole Person...
December 14, 2023

Jodi Tuck: Falling in love in (and with) Montreal

Part of our series: FMHS community members from away – The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS) is made up of diverse communities,...
December 13, 2023

Keiko Shikako: From Brazil to Montreal, advocating for disability rights

Part of our series: FMHS community members from away - The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS) is made up of diverse...
December 13, 2023

Opinion: McGill is why I came; Quebec is why I stayed

I love doing science and I love the amazing students who come to work and study with me. The government shouldn’t limit such...
December 13, 2023

The human touch behind the development of pediatric neurosurgery at McGill

Part of our series: FMHS community members from away – The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS) is made up of diverse communities,...
December 8, 2023