The 2013 IASR World Congress is the first of its kind. It is the first meeting of the International Academy for Suicide Research (IASR), organized by the Quebec Suicide Research Network (RQRS), in partnership with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), and in collaboration with the Association québécoise de prévention du suicide (AQPS), the Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention (CASP) and the Fédération Trauma Suicide Liaison Urgence (TSLU).
This meeting will provide an inspiring forum for high level discussions on suicide research, suicide prevention and intervention.
- Bullying and suicide
- New perspectives in clinical interventions
- National suicide prevention strategies: the evidence
- The neuroscience of suicide
- Suicidal behavior in LGBT populations
- Internet and suicide
- Suicide in Aboriginal populations
- Childhood maltreatment and suicide risk
- Imaging the suicide brain
- Suicide in the army
- eHealth Strategies for Suicide Prevention and Intervention
We are planning a number of timely and stimulating plenary sessions to discuss contemporary issues on suicide research, avenues for suicide prevention and innovative ways to intervene on suicidal behavior. Other sessions will offer unique opportunities for engaged dialogue between researchers and clinicians, stakeholders and decision-makers, promoting both translation of research findings to practice, as well as informing research direction by clinical and prevention needs.
Montreal Hyatt Regency Hotel
1255 Jeanne-Mance Street
Montreal, QC H5B 1E5
For more information and to register, please visit the Congress Web site.
May 17, 2013