Offered at 14 sites across Canada, this event encourages young people to explore exciting career options in the health professions and sciences. We expect more than 200 students who are curious about medicine, nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapy and science to attend online from Montreal and surrounding areas. Although we are adapting our delivery model this year, one thing remains the same – our mission to inspire youth to pursue careers in the health professions and sciences.
This modified, virtual half-day event comprises a keynote lecture, an interactive workshop and a career panel discussion.
- Coordinate and lead a virtual, interactive 60-minute session to stimulate learning and interest in your field (10:00 – 11:00 am).
- Include a brief description of the academic path to your current position.
- Provide an interactive activity. Stimulating activities could include the use of polls and quizzes, dialogue with presenters, and videos.
- Host through Zoom or the video conferencing platform provided by the CMHF.
- 11:15 am – 12:15 pm hosted through the CMHF video conferencing platform.
- This is a moderated “Health Pros Tell All” panel of up to six panelists from a variety of health profession and health science fields – brief panelist remarks.
- Share your story of the evolution of your career followed by a Q&A with the students.
These events are very well received by students and are an important part of how they explore their options in the health professions and sciences. The CMHF will track and share all student feedback with presenters.
THE AGENDA, WORKSHOP ABSTRACT FORM AND CAREER PANEL REGISTRATION FORMS can be found at: http://www.cdnmedhall.org/virtual-mcgill. The deadline for submissions: Friday, October 30, 2020.
Please contact Nani Moleko, Discovery Day Coordinator for the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame: firstname.lastname@example.org | 519.870.6264.
Youth engagement and outreach are important to our medicine and health sciences faculties and your willingness to participate is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration and support of this event.
October 16 2020