The AFMC Awards include:
- The Award for Outstanding Contribution to Faculty Development in Canada recognizes an individual who has made an exceptional contribution in the area of faculty development.
- The Young Educators Award recognizes individuals within their first seven years as a faculty member who have produced change within their university or within the medical community as a whole through their vision, work, and interaction with colleagues.
- The John Ruedy Award for Innovation in Medical Education is awarded to an individual or group who has developed innovative print materials, electronic learning aids or other teaching aids.
- The May Cohen Equity, Diversity and Gender Award recognizes the outstanding effort or achievement of an individual(s), program(s), department(s) or faculty in improving the gender equity environment in academic medicine in Canada.
- The President’s Award for Exemplary National Leadership in Academic Medicine recognizes excellence for national leadership in academic medicine. Activities might include providing leadership on national collaborative activities that provide frameworks for curriculum in health education; guidelines for faculty on teaching approaches or recruitment and student support, faculty affairs; advocacy for excellence in medical education or research in medical education; bio-medical or health services research.
- The Infoway, e-Health Award recognizes a faculty member who demonstrates exceptional leadership and commitment to e-health and informatics in medical education curriculum.
Descriptions of each award, along with the nomination process is available on the AFMC website: http://www.afmc.ca/awards-e.php
The nomination deadline for each of the six awards is November 8, 2013.
Electronic submissions are preferred and can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The awards will be presented at the Canadian Conference on Medical Education (CCME) in Ottawa, Ontario from April 26 – 29, 2014.
October 17, 2013