This message is sent on behalf of Dr. Annette Majnemer, Vice-Dean, Education, McGill Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
As part of our ongoing Proud to Teach campaign in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, the Office of the Vice-Dean, Education, has launched two new teaching awards: one for faculty members and one for students. The goal of these awards is to recognize individuals who have developed and implemented innovative teaching strategies that are learning- and learner-focused.
Some examples of innovations could include:
- Peer-to-peer assessment strategies
- Strategies to foster active learning
- Educational innovations with potential to benefit learners from different professional backgrounds and/or are translatable to other Departments, Schools or Faculties
- Learner-driven initiatives that promote active learning
Faculty members will be eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Developed/applied an educational and/or teaching innovation in a course, program, School or Unit within the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Students will be eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Developed/applied an educational and/or teaching innovation for students in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate, graduate student or resident in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
The deadline for nominations is December 15, 2020.
Click here for nomination submission details.
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
November 18 2020