To all Academics and Administrative and Support Staff,
McGill recently announced that, on August 4, 2020, a new R2R (Recruitment to Retirement) Program and Workday HR and Academic Personnel Management System will go live. Many of you have received a separate email about upcoming training; others will receive training information soon. Your R2R training is very important.
All members of the Faculty, with the exception of students, will use Workday. It replaces four outdated systems – McGill’s Banner HR System, Payroll One-time Payment System, Purely HR and Minerva HR System (user self-service component).
- If you have people who are reporting to you, whether you are an Academic or an Administrative or Support staff, you will perform important tasks differently from what you do today. Your training is critical to ensure a seamless transition for your team members.
- If you are a Human Resources, Academic Affairs or Finance professional, Workday will be a primary tool. Your training is critical to the carrying out of your day-to-day responsibilities.
Everyone will also use Workday to access personal employee information currently housed in Minerva, for example, pay and tax information, etc. This means, even if you are in neither of the two groups above, you will need training, too.
Workday comes with many advantages: it’s modern, cloud-based, streamlined, more efficient, standardized and user-friendly. Your training sessions will be customized based on your user group.
In the meantime, we strongly encourage you to visit the R2R website, including these user group specific pages:
- Academic Administrators (Senior)
- Supervisors & Managers (Academics and Staff)
- Local Academic Affairs & HR Professionals
- Local Finance Professionals
- All Staff
Also important is the R2R Communication Toolbox, where you will find videos specific to each user group, as well as one-page descriptions related to key processes.
In the event you are unable to attend your session due to extenuating circumstances, please let us know. Our goal is to ensure as smooth a transition as possible, and we will do what we can to accommodate you.
We are committed to a successful launch, with the support of the Faculty and McGill’s Central R2R Team. We have assigned “Power Users” across the Faculty, who are being trained as Workday experts so that they can support you, if needed. There may be challenges along the way, as is the case with all major system changes. But we will work through them together as a Faculty.
Thank you, in advance, for your engagement.
Executive Director, Administration and Operations
Faculty of Medicine
June 11 2020