TO ALL FACULTY MEMBERS, LEARNERS AND GRADUATES:
We have extended the deadline. You now have until Tuesday, February 25 at 11:59 pm EST to fill in the CLIC application form to the prestigious McGill Faculty of Medicine Clinical Innovation Competition (CLIC). Furthermore, you will have until Sunday, March 1 at 11:59 pm EST to submit or make any modifications to the proposal; the proposal can be submitted separately to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are three major prizes to be won! Benefits to winners include:
- Cash Prize
- Free Assistance with Clinical Validation
- Free Access to University Services
- Free Incorporation and Start up Organization
- Free Office Space
- Exposure to McGill’s Entrepreneur Alumni Network
And much more…
2020 McGill Faculty of Medicine Clinical Innovation Competition
Inspired by Dr. Raymond Hakim, the vision behind the McGill Clinical Innovation Competition (CLIC) is to inspire members of our Faculty of Medicine community to conceive and develop promising ideas that will have a direct and positive impact on Canadian or global health care.
Now in its third year, we are grateful to our generous donors for sponsoring the three prizes below, which consist of both a monetary award and credits to support the development of proof of concept and preparation for commercialization or implementation:
- The Hakim Family Innovation Prize recognizes ideas, new processes or devices in health care with potential to have a tangible and meaningful impact on the patients entrusted to our care.
- The Marika Zelenka Roy Innovation Prize, launched in partnership with the Montreal General Hospital Foundation, highlights the innovation providing the best solution to an unmet clinical need for the care of a patient and the highest likelihood of success in being translated.
- The MI4 Innovation Prize, sponsored by the McGill Interdisciplinary Initiative in Infection and Immunity, aims to support innovative solutions that focus on infectious and immune threats to human health.
Please note that the Steinberg Centre Simnovation Prize is not available this year; however, students, residents and fellows are eligible for all of the other prizes in the McGill Clinical Innovation Competition.
Proposals submitted to the McGill CLIC will be reviewed by a panel of judges, and finalists will be selected to “pitch” their ideas during the CLIC event on May 21, 2020 at the Omni Hotel in Montreal.
To learn more about eligibility, the timeline and criteria, “CLIC” here. The deadline to submit is February 25, 2020. We look forward to receiving your submission.
This year, the McGill CLIC will be preceded by the Faculty of Medicine’s inaugural Health Tech Innovation Symposium. This vibrant forum for meaningful exchange will gather together key thought leaders from government, industry and academia to look at how the latest devices, tools and developments in digital health will impact the future of healthcare. Conference registration is now open! Please visit the symposium website to consult the agenda and to register for this ground-breaking symposium.
Vice-Principal (Health Affairs)
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine
Director of Innovation
Steinberg Centre for Simulation and Interactive Learning
Faculty of Medicine
February 18 2020