- To examine the status of youth in our society and its relevance for mental health.
- To understand the conceptual framework and translation of knowledge for redefining organization of mental health services within a youth perspective.
- To examine barriers to better mental health for our youth and the problems of transition.
- Setting up “Head Space” and other programs, and study what we can learn from experiences.
- Professor Gilles Bibeau
Department of Anthropology, Université de Montréal, Canada
- Professor Patrick McGorry
University of Melbourne, Australia, Executive Director, Orygen Youth Health (OYH) Research Centre
- John Moran
General Manager, Orygen Youth Health (OYH) Research Centre, Melbourne, Australia
- Professor Swaran P. Singh
University of Warwick, England, Head of Division, Mental Health and Well Being, Warwick Medical School
- Ashok Malla, MD
Canada Research Chair in Early Psychosis, Professor, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Director, Prevention and Early intervention Program for Psychosis, Douglas Institute
Consult the detailed program
Douglas Hall, Douglas Institute
How to get to the Douglas
Parking available on site for 3$ for the day.
Wednesday, November 30th 2011 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Conference presentations in English with simultaneous translation services on demand.
Professionals and employers working in health services, general practitioners, students, researchers, residents, social organization and other professionals working with youth and young adults in mental health programs.
Participation: A certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
This event will be accredited by Continuing Medical Education (McGill). General practitioners may claim credits according to section 1 of the Fédération des Omnipraticiens du Québec (FMOQ).
Physicians and other professionals: 200$
Residents, OBNL employees, and students (a valid ID card is required ): 75$
Deadline for registration: November 11th 2011, no onsite registrations.
Cancellation: No reimbursements for cancellations received after November 11th, 2011.
Communication Advisor – Academic Events
Dobell Pavilion, Room B-2123
6875, LaSalle Boulevard
Montreal (Quebec) H4H 1R3
Telephone: 514 761-6131 ext. 2616