- Review and update the current understanding of the pathophysiology of common medical problems
- Learn about the management and pharmacotherapy of these disorders
- Discuss the utility and function of various laboratory and neuroimaging investigations in the practice of psychiatry
- Marie-Claude Côté, MD, BSc Inf., FRCPC, Psychiatrist, Psychosomatic Medicine Department, Montreal Heart Institute
- Barbara Hayton, MD, Director, Perinatal Mental Health Service, Jewish General Hospital; Assistant Professor, Psychiatry and Family Medicine, McGill University
- Linda Moreau, BSc, MD, FRCPC, Dermatologist, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal General Hospital; Assistant Professor, Dermatology, McGill University
- Mathangi Ramani, MD, Chief, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Hôpital de LaSalle, Centre de santé et services sociaux Dorval-Lachine-LaSalle
- Pedro Rosa-Neto, MD, PhD, Researcher, Director, Translational Neuroimaging Laboratory, Douglas Institute; Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology & Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, McGill University
- Julie St-Cyr, MDCM, FRCPC, Medical Biochemist, Director, Biochemistry Service, St. Mary’ Hospital Center
- Michael Tamilia, MD, FRCPC, Director, Thyroid Tumor Centre, Department of Endocrinology, Jewish General Hospital; Associate Professor, Medicine and Physiology, McGill University
Parking available on site for 3$ for the day.
Friday, October 26, 2012, 8:30 to 4:30
All lectures will be given in English. Question periods will be both in English and French.
Psychiatrists, general practitioners, residents, researchers, pharmacists and health professionals who treat psychiatric disorders.
Participation: A certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
This event will be accredited by Continuing Medical Education (McGill). General practitioners may claim credits according to section 1 of the Fédération des Omnipraticiens du Québec (FMOQ).
Physician and other professional: 200$
Resident, non-profit organizations, and student (a valid ID card is required ): 75$
Register before October 12th, 2012. No reimbursements for cancellations received after October 12th, 2012.
Communication Advisor – Academic Events
Dobell Pavilion, Room B-1136
6875, LaSalle Boulevard
Montreal (Quebec) H4H 1R3
Telephone: 514 761-6131, ext. 2616
Read more about the event: Douglas Mental Health University Institute
August 22, 2012