Following the weekend fire at the McIntyre Medical Building, McIntyre will remain closed until further notice. We are working around the clock to verify the integrity of the structure, replace damaged fire systems, and complete other crucial assessments and remediations. We may be able to re-open some unaffected portions of the building in the coming days. Other areas may remain off-limits longer.
In the meantime:
- If you are a faculty or staff member who works in the McIntyre Medical Sciences Building, we ask that you remain at home until further notice; if you are able to work from home, please do so.
- If you supervise staff, please communicate with them and remain in close contact in order to coordinate their work, where applicable, and logistical concerns to the extent possible.
- Classes scheduled in McIntyre over the coming days will likely be relocated; we are working to do this. Please do not come to the McIntyre until further notice. Monitor your emails regularly for follow-up information.
- Requests for entry into the building to attend to urgent research needs must be communicated to the Security Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Conferences, seminars and other special activities:
- Conferences and other special activities scheduled in McIntyre over the coming days will likely need to be relocated. Please do not come to the McIntyre until further notice. Monitor your emails regularly for follow-up information.
- Library users:
- Library holdings normally housed in the building will be unavailable for the time being. Fortunately however, damage to library holdings was quite minimal.
We are working hard to minimize the impact on research, classes, administrative work and other important operations. However, we must ask for your patience during this time – some disruptions will be unavoidable as we work toward an eventual return to regular operations.
You will receive regular updates, instructions and other information by email. General updates will be posted to the main McGill website as the situation evolves. If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.
July 16, 2018