As part of an ongoing Proud to Teach campaign in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS), the office of the Vice-Dean Education is continuing the two awards for teaching innovation we launched last year, one for faculty and teaching staff, and one for learners. The goal of these awards is to recognize innovative teaching strategies that are learning- and learner-focused.
Some examples of innovations could include:
- Peer-to-peer assessment strategies
- Strategies to foster active learning
- Educational innovations with potential to benefit learners from different professional backgrounds, and/or are translatable to other Departments, Schools or Faculties
- Learner-driven initiatives that promote active learning
Faculty and teaching staff will be eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Are a faculty or teaching staff member in the FMHS
- Applied a new educational and/or teaching innovation in a course, program, School, Department or Unit within the FMHS in the last two years.
Note: Teams composed of faculty and staff from different FMHS Schools may apply in a single submission.
Learners will be eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Are currently enrolled as an undergraduate, graduate, or health professional student or resident in the FMHS
- Applied an educational and/or teaching innovation for learners in the FMHS.
Note: Teams of learners and from the FMHS may apply in a single submission
The deadline for nominations is November 19, 2021.
Click here for nomination submission details.
Annette Majnemer OT, PhD, FCAHS
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences