2019 Principal’s prize for public engagement through media
It is time once again to submit nominations for the 2019 Principals Prize for Public Engagement Through Media. Two prizes ($5,000 each) will be given to:
- 1 academic staff
- 1 graduate student/research associate/post-doctoral fellow
The deadline for submission is January 15, 2019. We ask that a copy of each submission be sent to email@example.com.
The guidelines for nominating someone for the award are as follows:
- Examples of 5-10 instances of media or public engagement between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. Examples of media presence include, but are not limited to, a presence in news articles, vlogs, blogs, YouTube videos, online discussions, opinion pieces, and in interviews in print, radio or television, and podcasts.
- Engagement and social media presence to promote research and debate, and/or to share expertise is also valued.
- Please include: name of media outlet/website, title of article/video/ broadcast, web link where possible (if not possible attach PDF or JPEG, if newspaper article), date of publication/broadcast, dates of outreach events, etc. If media outreach interviews take place in languages other than English or French, please provide a translation of the title of the media outlet.
NOT TO BE INCLUDED:
- Attendance, presentation and publication in regular academic fora such as academic conferences, on ResearchGate, in all academic journals, since these venues are not designed to reach non-academic audiences, or
- examples of media involvement or public engagement for which the candidate receives financial compensation or academic credit.
All letters of support cannot exceed one page in length and must include the sender’s contact information.
- Applications for graduate students, research associates and post-doctoral fellows must include one letter of support from a faculty member (usually from their supervisor). Up to two additional letters of support from faculty, staff, other graduate students, postdoctoral fellows or form external partners) may be submitted.
- Applications for Academic Staff must include one letter of support and the signature of the Chair of their Department. One additional letter of support (from McGill faculty, staff or from external partners) may be submitted.
Nomination forms and additional information are available here.
December 14, 2018