Access to McGill electronic databases, e-journals and other e-resources is changing at McGill affiliated hospital sites in order to comply with the McGill University Library’s licensing agreements. Due to very strict licensing agreements, only those persons affiliated with the University are, in fact, authorized to use these services. As a result, access to these electronic resources will vary depending on your status.
- If you are affiliated with McGill University as a faculty or staff member, or as a resident or student, you will continue to have access to the full range of McGill University Library e-resources. However, beginning July 1st, 2013:
- You will be asked to enter your McGill username and password, using the format firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. If you are unsure whether or not you are affiliated with McGill or if you need information about activating your McGill email account, please see the FAQs, Nos. 10 and 11 (link below).
- Note: You can easily access McGill Library e-resources using the appropriate link on the McGill Library website, available on the Health, biological sciences subject guides.
- If you are not affiliated with McGill University as a faculty or staff member, or as a resident or student, please note that you are not authorized to access McGill Library e-resources, as per the licensing agreements with the vendors. Therefore, beginning July 1, you will no longer be able to access them. However, as is currently the case:
- You may request McGill materials via the hospital’s inter-library loan service.
- You also have access to the e-resources licensed for use by the hospital and/or your unit.
For more details, see the list of Frequently Asked Questions.
To learn more about the resources available to you, please contact your hospital librarian or the McGill Life Sciences Library.
- Douglas Mental Health University Institute (Charles Cahn Library):firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jewish General Hospital Libraries (Health Sciences Library, Dr. Henry Kravitz Psychiatry Library)
- Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital Library
- McGill University Health Centre Libraries
- St. Mary’s Hospital Center Library
- Shriners Hospitals for Children — Canada
- McGill Life Sciences Library: email@example.com
July 9, 2013