You are invited to the 6th annual Hands-on Interdisciplinary Workshop in Micro and Nanobiotechnologies. This course is aimed at faculty, staff and students who have no hands-on experience with micro and nanotechnology to help them better understand the potential of these technologies and how they are fabricated, to help them become more knowledgeable of the infrastructure available to them at the McGill Nanotools Microfab, and to ultimately break down the barriers that may have prevented them from taking full advantage of these technologies within their own research.
For more information and for registration we invite you to visit the course webpage
If you are interested, we encourage you to sign up quickly! The number of participants is limited due to the hands-on nature of the course.
The highlights of the course include:
* A personalized schedule to accommodate your particular agenda!
* The course is comprised of 5 modules that are spread over the week of 4th to 8th ,March 2013 (reading week)
* Hands-on sessions including clean room work with personalized coaching
* Brainstorming session to discuss a project of interest to you and a design challenge competition with prizes to use your new knowledge
* Participant presentations and a keynote lecture on “Microengineered hydrogels for stem cell bioengineering and tissue regeneration” by Dr. Ali Khademhosseini from Harvard University
February 5, 2013