The 19th International Congress on Palliative Care will be held on October 9-12 at Palais de Congres. This year’s program reflects the breadth, depth, and interdisciplinary strength of a dynamic and growing field. Superb plenaries featuring experts from around the world will bring state-of-the art perspectives on caregiver stress and coping, team resilience, health care services, symptom control, dignity, pain, and healing. There will also be concurrent all-day seminars featuring in-depth, interactive sessions on cutting-edge developments in whole person care, neuro palliative care, humanism and professionalism in nursing, and pediatric palliative care.
Why else should you be interested? The Internal Congress on Palliative Care is…
- the longest-running Congress in Palliative Care and the leading event in the field since 1976
- a unique opportunity to meet, share experiences and exchange ideas with colleagues from 60 countries, representing all disciplines – nurses, physicians, social workers, physical and occupational therapists, music therapists, pharmacists, pastoral care persons, administrators, volunteers, psychologists…
- In-depth workshops and seminars covering all aspects of end-of-life care, from the most current scientific developments in pain and symptom control to the large existential questions, to hands-on experiential sessions addressing practical issues faced every day
- Renowned speakers that deepen your understanding, and inspire you to renew your commitment to palliative care
- All sessions structured to allow ample time for dialogue, questions and thoughtful interaction
- Reflections – images and music at the start of each Plenary, providing a unique and moving experience
- … Montréal in the Autumn – magnifique!
For more information about the event go to the official site
September 6, 2012